Monday, June 22, 2009

Today is referral day and I'm a nervous wreck

The day is finally here. Rob and I aren't waiting around for a phone call this time. We're actually headed to our agency to pick up our referral this afteroon at 1:00. I trully can't believe it's actually happening and I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. My hands are shaking, my mind is going a hundred miles an hour and my real want of seeing her face for the first time is consuming me.

Sleeping last night was a joke. But, at some point I must have been sleeping because I had a dream. In that dream I walked into work this morning and was immediately bombarded by people needing help. By the time I had a chance to look at the clock it was 12:45 and I was still surrounded. I had to wade through everyone yelling that it was time for me to leave. Like I said...I'm a nervous wreck.

Just six more hours and we'll know. We'll know the name she was given by the orphanage, how old she is and where she is right now. We'll find out if she's been in an orphanage or was lucky enough to have foster care. We'll get general information about her health and find out how tall she is and how much she weighs. And, most important, we'll get to see her face for the very first time.

I know we have a lot of people who have been waiting with us that anxious to know about her. So, as soon I can I'll post all of this information. In the meantime, say a little prayer for Ella please so that she is well taken care of until we can bring her home.

4 comments:

Truly Blessed said...

Hi, this is Truly Blessed from the RQ site and wanted to drop in and say a hearty congratulations on your impending referral -- what an amazing day this is going to be for you.

Just remember to breathe, but also to write everything down. Videotape each other's reaction to seeing Ella's referral paperwork for the first time -- that is so precious (and I sure wish I'd done that when we received our referrals!).

What a wonderful day for your family - I'm very excited for you!

TB (mom to Katie and Ella - both born in China and their three big brothers who are homegrown!)

Natalie said...

Oh, I would relive referral day over and over and over again: such a high, so many wonderful emotions! It was almost 2 years ago for us, and I still remember everything. Congratulations: you will have a sweet daughter in just a few hours!!! And then, the real adventure will begin. Will be back for the news later... :o)

Ms. J said...

Found you via Rumor Queen (of course, LOL). We were united with our daughter in Nanning on 07/28/08, so our one year anniversary is right around the corner. We fell in love the moment we saw her sweet photo.

Wishing you continued luck as you wind your way to your baby!

Delaine said...

Hi,
I can't remember if I have left you a comment or not. It is hard to think straight today. We are with CCAI too and logged in 3/15. We are waiting on our call too. Email me because there is a group of us who talk regularly.
we3spruills@yahoo.com
Delaine Spruill
We live in North Carolina