Friday, July 17, 2009

Man...the past couple of weeks have flown by

Where in the world have the past couple of weeks gone? I've been so busy that it's making things fly by (thank goodness). Since my last post, we have received more background information about Ella along with her latest measurements. She is now 27 " tall, 17 pounds. This puts her in the 25 - 50 percentile in height and 10 - 25 percentile in weight. So, she's a tiny little thing. I would have never guessed it considering her pictures. BTW... one cool little tidbit... her latest measurements were recorded on my birthday.

We've spent lots of time with family and friends over the past couple of weeks. My entire family was together for the Fourth of July weekend. Rob's cousin and her girls (who I adore) are visiting and we've been able to spend some time with them. We've also had friends in from Dublin who have a seven month old. What a lot of fun and a eye opener. Have to say that little girl can steal any one's heart with her little smile.

I have to give a great big THANK YOU to Susan, Dianne and Emily for throwing a baby shower for us last Sunday. Being the center of attention has never been something that I enjoy, but it was so much fun opening all the great gifts from so many people that are just about as excited as we are to bring Ella home.

The only paperwork required over the past week or so dealt with applying for visas. It was a little nerve wracking but we received them within a week. I'm sure Rob is ready for the stress of it all to be done. I've apparently been talking in my sleep lately. Last night it was something to the effect of "but I thought I sent those documents". I actually woke up Wednesday morning and decided I needed to take the day off to ease some of my stress. I spent the day shopping for the trip and buying clothes for Ella. I slept a little better Wednesday night :-)

Now for the latest and greatest news so far....We received our travel approval from China. The last major hurdle has been conquered!! Our agency has requested a consulate appointment for us and hopes to have us traveling to China the last week of July. So, in about a week and a half we should be on our way!! I'll post more as soon as things are finalized.

I wonder what I'll dream about tonight????

No comments: