Saturday, January 24, 2009

Committed

Every year the people of China celebrate Chinese New Year and every year (or at least in the three that I've been tracking it) CCAA has done their best to send out a set of referrals before they leave to spend time with their families and friends. This year was no different. While I am extremely grateful they matched more families I can't help but be a little disappointed as well. You see, on average CCAA has referred approximately five log in dates per referral period (every 30 days or so). This time they matched only 2 days. It’s not just the two days that’s disappointing. It’s the number of people. Based on poll results (which I’ve also been following for three years), over the past six months, CCAA has matched between 60 and 80 families. 24 were matched with this referral batch.

I’ve had my ups and downs with this wait and I’ve really tried to think positive. After all, it’s not like we are the only people on this crazy ride. And, it’s not like we can do anything about it. We’ve been committed to this process from the beginning. We will continue to be committed until we bring baby moon home…no matter how many ups and downs of this sometimes heart breaking process we have to go through.

No comments: